The history of our company
Erasmy Carpentry was established by François Erasmy in 1927 who left Luxembourg for Paris after obtaining his Master Carpenter’s certificate from the ‘Ecole des Arts et Métiers’ in order to perfect his craftsmanship.
After his return to Luxembourg in 1929, François started building his own carpenter’s workshop situated at 21, rue des Peupliers in Hamm. The building was extended in 1938. A second extension was built after the war and Erasmy started manufacturing coffins.
After François Erasmy’s sudden and unexpected death his youngest son Ernest took over the workshop and managed it together with his mother.
He became the sole manager of the business after obtaining his Master Carpenter’s certificate in 1966 and started reorienting the workshop with a view to turning it into a funeral directors business. Erasmy acquired its first hearse and the company gained momentum.
A second funeral directors office was established in the house where Ernest’s mother had been born opposite the hospital in Luxembourg-Eich.
Erasmy got its second hearse with the takeover of Limpertsberg-based Conrady-Bintener in 1979, which facilitated logistics and allowed the company to offer a fast, extensive and reliable service across the country and abroad.