About

History

The history of our company

Erasmy Carpentry was established by François Erasmy in 1927 who left Luxembourg for Paris after obtaining his Master Carpenter’s certificate from the ‘Ecole des Arts et Métiers’ in order to perfect his craftsmanship.

After his return to Luxembourg in 1929, François started building his own carpenter’s workshop situated at `21, rue des Peupliers` in Hamm. The building was extended in 1938. A second extension was built after the war and Erasmy started manufacturing coffins.

After François Erasmy’s sudden and unexpected death his youngest son Ernest took over the workshop and managed it together with his mother.

He became the sole manager of the business after obtaining his Master Carpenter’s certificate in 1966 and started reorienting the workshop with a view to turning it into a funeral directors business. Erasmy acquired its first hearse and the company gained momentum.

A second funeral directors office was established in the house where Ernest’s mother had been born opposite the hospital in Luxembourg-Eich.

Erasmy got its second hearse with the takeover of Limpertsberg-based Conrady-Bintener in 1979, which facilitated logistics and allowed the company to offer a fast, extensive and reliable service across the country and abroad.

Ernest’s son Jean-Paul joined the company after completing his business and management baccalaureate in 2002, making sure that Erasmy is in good and capable hands for many years to come. The future of our long-standing family business is secure!

Luxemburg/Hamm

Ettelbrück

Dudelange

Team

Ernest_Erasmy

Ernest Erasmy

Jean-Paul_Erasmy

Jean-Paul Erasmy

Malou_Erasmy

Malou Erasmy-Schroeder

Alain_Beffort

Alain Beffort

Cyrille_Bellwald

Cyrille Bellwald

Chantal_Kurdziel

Chantal Kurdziel

Mike_Reuter

Mike Reuter

Cédric Hoffmann

Cédric Hoffmann

Erasmy Pompes Funèbres 3

Raoul Heusbourg

Mike_Majeres

Mike Majeres

Laurent_Lamesch

Laurent Lamesch

Joé_Feltgen

Joé Feltgen

Romario_Lima

Romario Lima

Bryan_Kirchen

Bryan Kirchen